[tlhIngan Hol] scope of the {jay'}

Jeffrey Clark jmclark85 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 07:19:05 PDT 2019

AFAIK “damn it” in colloquial English use follows the phrase if modifies.

“We’ve detected a transmission, damn it. So we entered the sector.”

“We detected a transmission, so we entered the sector, damn it.”

With the weight being placed on a different part of the thought based on where the “damn it” is.

Likewise I imagine that jay’ as an “intensifier” would work similarly.

Sent from my iPhone