[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'eS

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 00:41:04 PDT 2019

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 at 15:43, Daniel Dadap <daniel at dadap.net> wrote:

> > On Sep 5, 2019, at 08:10, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > (Unless maybe someone can name a {jen} artist with another "high and
> low"-themed work of art?)
>
> I always imagined there was somebody named Jen S. who was known for
> something having to do with being high and low, but I can’t think of
> anybody with a name like that who fits the bill.

There's the Akira Kurosawa film "High and Low", distributed by "Janus
({jen} + {'eS}?) Films" in the US:
http://www.janusfilms.com/films/1084

But "Janus Films" has distributed more than a dozen Kurosawa films, so
there's not a particularly strong association with this one film, unless
someone knows of one. (Maybe it's the first Kurosawa film Okrand ever saw,
or it's his favourite, or something...)

--
De'vID