[tlhIngan Hol] missing words from kli's "new words not in the original lexicon"

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 10:49:29 PDT 2019

On Fri, 25 Oct 2019 at 16:57, qurgh lungqIj <qurgh at wizage.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2019, 8:18 AM De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The first is just a borrowing, and the second is not canon even if it's
>> well-known in the community.
>>
>> However, the word list appears to be missing {jaqtala'}, which was
>> (according to a post on qabpaq) confirmed at qep'a' 2017.
>>

> Can you post a link to this post that confirms the spelling?
>
> All I could find was an email on this list from Felix that was a reply to
> Qov's story about the word where he suggests a spelling for the word, but I
> wasn't able to find the actual confirmation from Marc that she asked for:
> https://www.kli.org/tlhIngan-Hol/2013/July/msg00145.html

Unfortunately, I can't find the Facebook post where the information came
from. According to my notes, both the spelling of {jaqtala'} and a
clarification on {mIS} came from comments on a Facebook thread by
participants at qep'a' 2017. I made a commit on github
<https://github.com/De7vID/klingon-assistant/pull/271/commits/1e7d56cd7e74e7954ff90a08fad540baed27c26a>
to the {boQwI'} database with those two changes together, so I must have
seen them both fairly close together.

The clarification for {mIS} was that it referred specifically to mental
confusion, as opposed to a physical mixing-up of things, and is from this
thread
<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156356897295828&set=oa.10156572532083986&type=3&theater>
.

However, I'm unable to find any reference to {jaqtala'} in that album,
though Facebook's search function apparently doesn't work on all comments.
Presumably, it's buried in some thread from around that time on one of the
Facebook Klingon groups.

--
De'vID