[tlhIngan Hol] missing words from kli's "new words not in the original lexicon"

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 09:17:26 PDT 2019

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 10:52 AM Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> About this topic, I recently asked Okrand for canon translations of Star
> Trek movie titles. He answered that those movie titles are not part of
> the Star Trek universe itself, so he could not ask Maltz for a translation.

Ah, but the intro to TKW establishes the in-universe fiction that the
titles of episodes, series, and movies are simply nicknames that Starfleet
uses...

In this report, those sayings (or references to sayings) found in the
> Starfleet archives are so noted, identified by the nicknames Starfleet has
> given to various missions. An explanation of these identifications is found
> at the end of this report.

(Perhaps sharing those nicknames with non-Starfleet personnel is considered
a breach of security.)