[tlhIngan Hol] the "get out" meaning of {lel}

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 06:16:01 PST 2019

SuStel:
> In English, get out can be used transitively.
> When used that way, it means the same thing as take out.
> I get out my pocket watch and show it to the child.
> buq tlhaqwIj vIlel 'ej puqvaD vI'agh.

hmm.. This is very interesting. I had no idea that the "get out" could
be used this way too.

De'vID:
> Note these two adjacent entries in TKD:
> get out, flee (v)                       {Haw'}
> get out, take out (v)                   {lel}

While I was wondering about the "get out" meaning of {lel}, the {Haw'}
came to my mind, and momentarily I wondered what would the difference
be, between {lel} and {Haw'}.

Anyway, now I understand. Thanks.

- bara'qa'