[tlhIngan Hol] expressing "relationship" and "relation/related"

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 01:01:06 PST 2019

loghaD:
> Although I'm not certain it's the best choice
> here, you may want to consider the word «ruS» ("bond").

This is an interesting suggestion..

All these years, without knowing why, I was under the impression that
{ruS} could apply only to "bonds of the chemical kind" e.g. bonds
between atoms.

But after reading the paq'batlh examples, I realize that perhaps the
word {ruS} *could* be used to describe the bond existing between a man
and a woman, in a sentimental/sexual relationship.

Let alone the fact, that in greek, one of the two words used to say
"relationship", is the exact greek translation of the english word
"bond".

So, seemingly/apparently, as our beloved type-6 verb suffix would say,
everything fits together rather nicely..

~
gha'cher qIj