[tlhIngan Hol] {-oy} following an open syllable

Hugh Son puqloD Hugh at qeylIS.net
Sat Nov 2 18:28:36 PDT 2019

Do we have canon information about what happens to the type four noun suffix {-oy} when it follows an open (CV) syllable? I always figured a qaghwI' would be inserted to preserve phonology, e.g. so that only context would make it clear that {ghu'oy} and {ta'oy} don’t refer to beloved situations and records, respectively, but I don’t have any actual reason for believing this other than consecutive vowels being illegal. Would a Klingon speaker break the normal phonology to say something like *{ghuoy}?

I was also wondering if, in Morskan, where syllable final {H} is elided, whether it would reassert itself as the beginning of a new syllable or whether it would remain silent and the syllable with a silent final {H} would behave like an open syllable (whatever the behavior for that would be). For example, as disgusting as the idea may be, would a Morskan speaker say {yIhoy}, {yI'oy}, *{yIoy}, something else?