[tlhIngan Hol] More gender

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed May 29 09:30:41 PDT 2019

On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 18:19, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> On 5/29/2019 12:00 PM, Riley Dosh wrote:
>
> Concerning trans people, I've defaulted to be' ghe'/be' ghe'pu' and loD
> ghe'/loD ghe'pu', but I welcome any suggestions.
>
> Is *ghe'* your transliteration of *gay?*

tlhIngan Hol mu'na' 'oH {ghe'}'e'.

--- begin quote ---
The Klingon verb {ghe'} is the one most likely to be involved here.  It
means "be transformed, transmuted, metamorphosed, totally altered." In
context, if someone said {maS Daghe'moH'a'?} (literally "Are you
transforming a moon?"), this would be understood to mean "Are you
terraforming a moon?"  If context isn't clear, then there'd have to be
more verbiage: {tera' chu' DachenmoHmeH, maS Daghe'moH'a'?} "In order to
create a new Earth, are you transforming a moon?") or {maSDaq yInmeH
Humanpu', 'oH Daghe'moH'a'?} "In order that Humans live [be alive] on
the moon, are you transforming it?" or {yInvaD maS Daghe'moH'a'?} "Are
you transforming a moon to benefit life?" (clunky translation).
--- end quote ---

--
De'vID