[tlhIngan Hol] “In a usual manner”

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Fri May 17 17:58:08 PDT 2019

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 8:27 PM Daniel Dadap <daniel at dadap.net> wrote:

> It seems the adverbial {motlh} was defined in KGT with just a gloss
> <usually, typically, as expected>, with no further clarification, and it
> seems to me that this could be read either as something indicating the
> usualness of the frequency or the manner of the verb it modifies, so I’m
> not sure where I got the idea from that it refers to the frequency. What
> canon uses, if any, have we seen of {motlh} as an adverbial, or of how to
> express that something happens in a usual manner?

Skybox SP3:

{'ejyo' luch rurbe'qu' tlhIngan Duj luch. HoS law'qu' luch law'qu' je lo'
Duj nuH pat Hub pat je. motlh ray' luSamlaHmeH De' Qatlh cha' tlhIngan Duj
jIH'a'. motlh pIm 'ejyo' Dujmey.}

"Klingon starship design is vastly different from Starfleet technology. A
huge amount of the ship's power and technology is devoted to its weapons
grid and defensive systems. Unlike most Starfleet vessels, the main viewer
on a Klingon ship is usually overlaid with a complex target acquisition
grid."

-- ghunchu'wI'