[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'uSu'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed May 1 10:38:11 PDT 2019

De’vID:
> "Drak doo" could be some kind of Klingon dialect for {DaH yIDIl}.

At the time I thought this was meant to be Paramount Hol for “Bon appetit!”

In “Conversational Klingon” though, after bringing the hapless Terran tourist to Kronos “dinner number three” (qagh and pipius claw), the waitress told him:

  yISop, tera'ngan
  Bon appetit, Terran. ["Eat (it), Terran!"] CK
Come to think of it, on DS9 – other than playing Dabo or Tongo in Quark’s bar - did we ever see any Starfleet or Federation visitors actually pay for anything on the station?  (I just realized… isn’t *dabo* Latin for “I will give”?)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

From: De'vID