[tlhIngan Hol] Punctuation

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue May 21 09:42:40 PDT 2019

Am 21.05.2019 um 18:28 schrieb SuStel:
> I'm saying that Lieven's intuitive feeling about what Klingonists agree
> on should not be taken as a mandate. mayqel cited that page as if it is
> authoritative, or at least asking why he should do what it advises.

Just for the record: I did not make that up myself based on my
"intuitive feeling" (and besides, everyone can work on the Wiki). The
main contents of that page - especially the section "Klingonists
convention" - is copied one-to-one from the mailings lists FAQ, written
somewhere in the first years of the list, so between 1993 and 1997.

So even if that FAQ is still just a recommendation, it has some kind of
mandate for at least this mailing list, as it answers typical beginenrs
questions, avoiding lenghthy discussions about the possibilities and
just providing a simple solution.

> Which is still not a mandate,

Besides, Marc Okrand uses {tlhIngan} "translation" when writing Klingon
texts, so at least that part is even canon.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"