[tlhIngan Hol] Verbs of measure

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 07:26:25 PDT 2019

jIH:
> bIvoqbe', 'ej muSuj
> you don't believe, and it (this fact) disturbs me
SuStel:
> What you're really doing is bIvoqbe' 'ej muSuj 'e'. This is, of course, not allowed.

I understand your reasoning, and it convinces me.

But doesn't this reasoning mean that the {tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!}, is
wrong too ? Isn't the {tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!}, actually {tlhIngan maH!
taHjaj 'e'!} ?

I know that it is blasphemous to dare and question something which has
been celebrated as a feat of linguistic ingenuity.. I really do. But,
- holy sith ! -, I'm sure as hell, that if a mere mortal had come up
with this phrase, he would have been executed on the spot.

~ m. qunen'oS
I find ignorance of ca'non disturbing