[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing exterior

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Thu Mar 14 14:08:42 PDT 2019

The reason I said it was a half effort was that your example specifically excluded the obvious solution because you already knew the word you should be using and instead forced {Hur} into a completely unnecessary role. A full effort would have involved an example that didn’t have a word like {reD} to fill in what you want to argue is a void in Klingon’s capacity of expression that can only be filled by your interpretation of the potential range of meaning of the word {Hur}, which you already know people disagree with.

As for your tumor example, I still don’t see the difference between it escaping from the bone, vs. breaking through the surface of the bone.

It can break through the barrier between muscle and bone or between bone and blood. Here, the significance is less the surface than the system into which the tumor newly invades.

Is there a surface example that can’t be handled with the word {veH}?

Sent from my iPhone.
Will