[tlhIngan Hol] [Tlhingan-hol] Stonewall Poster Goes Klingon ...

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 00:37:21 PDT 2019

On Sat, 4 May 2013 at 08:07, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> As defined, {nga'chuq} means "sex (i.e., perform sex; always subject)"
> according to HQ 1.3 p.9. I've always interpreted the "always subject"
> annotation to mean that the parties named in the subject are having
> sex with each other.

A discussion about {nga'chuq} came up on Facebook. Okrand confirmed this
interpretation to me (that the subject of this verb must be plural, and are
engaged in sexual intercourse with each other) in July 2013 when we had a
brief chat about the Stonewall campaign. I'd made a note of it at the time
in {boQwI'}, but don't seem to have posted about it to the mailing list, so
I'm doing it now.

--
De'vID