[tlhIngan Hol] A long document

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Mon Mar 11 04:49:37 PDT 2019

> On Mar 11, 2019, at 04:21, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For a {tetlh} or {Qumran}, {tIq} might be appropriate.

Hmm. I was mainly thinking of transcribed speech or prose written in a very speech-like style. (I guess a recipe isn’t necessarily that; I was just being a little silly. But maybe Grandma has a particular style when it comes to writing down recipes.) I hadn’t really thought of {tetlh}. I wonder if {tIn} would work for a {tetlh}. Can {tIn} be used for things that are large without being physically large?

I agree that {paq tIq} sounds like a book with uneven physical dimensions.

> On Mar 11, 2019, at 03:52, Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> But i'm not sure one would say that the bible, as an example, is a {lut tIq}.

Well, it’s a {lut tIQ}.

> In this case, also remember the quite new word {qargh} which is used to describe a "thick book".

Ooh, that’s a useful word. I agree that it doesn’t generalize, but I think I missed that one when it was revealed, or saw it and then forgot it.