[tlhIngan Hol] Do epithets behave as nouns ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Jun 28 06:21:45 PDT 2019

On 6/28/2019 8:02 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> Can I place on an epithet, noun suffixes ?
>
> For example:
>
> {vIghro'wIj tIQ tIch petaQvam}
> this petaQ insulted my ancient cat
>
> Is this correct ?

Yes. /paq'batlh/ has *petaQ'e', petaQvam, petaQmey,* and *petaQ'a'.*

And yes, the *petaQmey* is used for beings capable of using language.
They're not scattered all about in the passage, so it's being used
insultingly.

But in your sentence, the action of the insult is completed, and your
English sentence is conveying it that way. Therefore this should be
*vIghro'wIj tIQ tIchpu' petaQvam*/This p'takh insulted my ancient cat./