[tlhIngan Hol] chaHDaq Hopbogh Daq tu'lu'

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Sun Jun 16 11:43:50 PDT 2019

There are degrees of being “wrong”. {chaHDaq Hopbogh Daq tu’lu’} doesn’t technically break any grammar rules. It’s just making an entire separate sentence out of a location reference. Ironically, it requires context to make any sense.

I mean, listen to yourself. “One finds a place distant from their location.”

That doesn’t really tell us much, and you spent time and words failing to tell us anything that isn’t obvious. OF COURSE THERE IS A PLACE DISTANT FROM THEM. There is ****ALWAYS*** a place distant from them. EVERY place has another place distant from it. So?

Check out these two expressions in English:

1. I drank lemonade. There exists a place far away from that place. My cousin drank tea at that place.

2. I drank lemonade. Far away, my cousin drank tea.

Not only is the second expression more concise. It is less confusing. Maybe my cousin and I drank our fluids in the same place and then there’s some other place that exists and we know nothing of what happens there, beyond its distant existence.

So, Jesus and some ghosts chatted. A large group of distant pigs gathered.

It’s pretty obvious that the Jesus didn’t chat near the pigs. They are distant pigs. If they were near Jesus, they wouldn’t be distant pigs. They’d just be pigs.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.