[tlhIngan Hol] using {chol}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Jun 13 10:08:23 PDT 2019

On 6/13/2019 12:52 PM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> I want to say "I come nearer to you". Which of the following is the
> correct way to say it ?
>
> qachol
> SoHDaq jIchol
> SoHDaq vIchol
> SoHDaq qachol
>
> And being on the subject..
>
> Regardless of {chol}.. Is the word {SoHDaq} second person ? or is it
> third person ?

I believe the correct sentence is *SoHDaq jIchol. chol* means the
subject gets closer to something. Adding *SoHDaq* means the place at
which you're standing is where the action /come closer/ occurs. This
parallels *SoHDaq Sum raS*/You are near the table./ The location that
the nearness takes place is you.

*SoHDaq* is in the second person.