[tlhIngan Hol] natural well

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Wed Jun 26 07:14:51 PDT 2019

> On Jun 26, 2019, at 05:54, mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We have the {Daqrab} for "well", however it refers to a well which is constructed, rather a natural occuring one.
>
> So, how do we describe the natural occuring type ? Can we say {Daqrab but} ? Although, perhaps this would mean "natural constructed well".

I’m not sure I know what a naturally occurring well would be in English. The English word “well” implies an artificial structure to me. Maybe a natural spring is what you’re thinking about? Maybe something like {bIQ Hal} or {bIQ QemjIq} would work for that, though obviously it would need the right context for it to be clear that this refers to a spring.