[tlhIngan Hol] What does {Du' naH} mean exactly ?

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Jun 20 23:21:48 PDT 2019

Am 20.06.2019 um 23:45 schrieb DloraH:
> I wonder how [Say'chu'moH] or [Say'chu'qu'moH] would fit into this.

Setting aside the incorrect suffix order, this may be the important
difference:

If you wash your car, then it's {Say'chu'}.
If you sterilize something, it's {Say'qu'}.

We should not forget that although it's usually translated as "very",
the suffix {-qu'} is defined as "emphatic" in TKD, saying that it
"emphasizes [...] whatever immediately precedes it."

So this may mean that {Say'qu'} means more than just "very clean", it
means some kind of "intensely emphasised clean", which may be
interpreted as "sterile clean".

I'm not saying this aplies to ALL words combined with {-qu'}, but it may
be a plausible explanation for this specific word.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"