[tlhIngan Hol] laj lajQo' {-vIp} and imperatives

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 12:33:09 PDT 2019

If I remember correctly, tkd has the Ca'Non example:

HIHoHvIpQo'
don't be afraid to kill me

If I say HIlajvIpQo', according to the above, it should translate to "don't
be afraid to accept me".

However, the lajQo', has been given as "reject". So, this means that saying
HIlajvIpQo' means/can mean too "be afraid to reject me".

If the above are correct, then we have a sentence with two different
meanings.

"Don't be afraid to accept me", sounds like an encouragement.

"Be afraid to reject me", sounds like a threat.

Does anyone have any comments on this matter ?

~ m. qunen'oS