[tlhIngan Hol] can I say "decided upon him" ?

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 23 08:05:21 PDT 2019

I think it's fine, though you might need to provide a bit more context .  It only sounds a bit strange  in English. See:

ngoch luchermeH 'ej wo' San luwuqmeH pa' ghom tlhIngan yejquv DevwI'pu'
where the leaders of the Klingon High Council meet to determine policy and
  decide upon the fate of the Empire.  (S25)

{ wo' San luwuq} "decide upon the fate of the Empire" could also be translated "decide the fate of the Empire".  To my ear "decide upon" sounds a bit more posh (or should I say {Hoy}?}.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons