[tlhIngan Hol] How would you express "root of a tree" ?

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 14:00:24 PDT 2019

nIqolay Q:
> Why not? The gloss has "root" right in
> there. Not "root, but only one you can
> eat". Not "root, but only one from a small
> plant".

Initially I thought so too.

But then we have the {Haw'} which is given as "flee, get out", where one
can't separate the meaning of "flee", from the "getting out", thus being
able to use {Haw'} for the getting out of the "simple kind".

Perhaps I'm wrong, since I'm not a plant expert, but I think that the
{'oQqar} necessily implies the root having an enlargement, like in garlic,
onions, etc..

I don't know though.. I may be wrong..

But now it's wayyyy past my bed time..

maj ram.