[tlhIngan Hol] About colors

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Sat Feb 16 17:13:59 PST 2019

I listened to an NPR Radio Lab about color and historical writing, and apparently languages don’t tend to get words for color until someone comes up with a dye or paint to make things that color artificially.

Most ancient human writings lack any mention of blue, since blue dyes and paints were very late developments. The sky was referred to as white and the sea as the color of wine (which was not blue in those days).

So, look at a Klingon ship.

Green with red highlights.

I rest my case.

Sent from my iPhone.