[tlhIngan Hol] Can we use {chabal} on its own ?

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Thu Feb 14 06:10:37 PST 2019

I love the way you guys can find stuff in canon. SuDojchu’.

An alternative translation for {potlh De’} might be, “Information of an important thing”. I remember being surprised that he didn’t use the adjectival version of the word and say {De’ potlh} “important information”.

Meanwhile, I can also see the potential is to feel that the information itself was not important. It’s the thing the information is about that is important, like if you knew the code name of a secret operation, the name is not really important, but the operation is, and the name is information about the operation.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.