[tlhIngan Hol] Can we use {chabal} on its own ?

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 01:09:12 PST 2019

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 at 15:59, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ca'NoN master:
> > We’ve seen similar words to {chabal}
>
> You mean, that we have seen them been used on their own, without being
> part of a noun-noun construction ?

What does it matter if they're used on their own or in a noun-noun
construction?

{HurDaq tu'HomI'raHvetlh yIlan!} "Get that piece of junk out of here!"
(Klingon CD game)

{yo'SeH yaHnIvvo' potlh De' wIHevtaH.} "We are receiving a priority message
from Operations Command." (HolQeD 8.4, line cut from Star Trek V)

{tu'HomI'raH} was used alone. {potlh} was used in the noun-noun
construction {potlh De'} "priority message", but its meaning of "something
important" is clear from its usage.

--
De'vID