[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon game on Discovery

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Tue Feb 12 05:26:43 PST 2019

> On Feb 12, 2019, at 06:46, Felix Malmenbeck <felixm at kth.se> wrote:
>
> there are some phrases like *Qo' juS* nad *ratlh tlhIngan* that suggest Bingon / word-by-word translation.

Nothing wrong with *ratlh tlhIngan* as long as what you’re trying to say is “A Klingon remains.” :)

> The game was apparently originally named *tS'ang* or *t'Sang*, and named after graphic designed Andy Tsang.

Why not both? tS'ang is attested in the pIqaD in the header of the image, and the tweet you linked calls it T'Sang, with a capital T of course. Is it too much to hope that one of these days we may end up seeing ' used reasonably by non-Klingon speakers making up Klingon words and names?