[tlhIngan Hol] Out of curiosity..

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Fri Feb 22 07:33:08 PST 2019

> On Feb 22, 2019, at 09:28, Will Martin <willmartin2 at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Lawrence Shoen’s pIqaD font maps single-letter keys to what are currently multiple character representations of Klingon consonants. Anyone who has used the font already knows how to type with this character set. It would require very little practice to learn to read it.

Right, if I’m not mistaken, that mapping is the genesis of what we’ve been calling “xifan hol” in this discussion, though I believe originally it was “XIFAN HOL” since the font used capital letters for the Astra glyphs, and lowercase ones for the Mandel system from the U.S.S. Enterprise Officer’s Manual.