[tlhIngan Hol] About colors

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sat Feb 16 08:02:16 PST 2019

Am 16.02.2019 um 16:40 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> Personally, I'm not a fan of the "it is this this color, however it is
> that one", so my personal preference is the rur approach.

I agree with that and I really like the pattern of having only few words
which can be combined with others and also using comparisons. Don't
forget that in most or many languages, the words for colors are also
just comparisons, which have been shortened. The most obvious is orange
(based on the fruit), rose (flower) and many others like copper, desert,
camel, sky blue, turquoise, and so on and so on.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"