[tlhIngan Hol] to comma or not to comma ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Aug 16 07:56:31 PDT 2019

On 8/16/2019 10:42 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> SuStel:
> > and please include an Oxford comma
>
> I didn't know what an oxford comma is, so I googled it, and found:
>
> "a comma used after the penultimate item in a list of three or more
> items, before ‘and’ or ‘or’ (e.g. an Italian painter, sculptor, and
> architect)"
>
> However I'm confused, because of the fact that in klingon the "and/or"
> is always last and doesn't appear before the final noun.
>
> The way I understand using the oxford comma in klingon, would be:
>
> vIghro', gha'cher, bo'Degh, je vIlegh
>
> Is this what you meant, by saying "include an oxford comma" ?

I really meant just for verb/sentence conjunctions.

*vIghro', gha'cher, bo'Degh je vIlegh
*/I see the cat, the goat, and the bird/
(Oxford comma in English but not Klingon)

but

*vIghro' vIlegh, gha'cher vIje', 'ej bo'Degh vIQoy
*/I see the cat, I feed the goat, and I hear the bird
/(Oxford comma in both English and Klingon)

*lalDan noHmeH taghmoHpu' /Oxford comma. /yIyep'eghmoH.*