[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: laq

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 06:14:22 PDT 2019

De'vID:
> qatlh bIjatlh, "crap"?

Yea, my bad..

My bad, not because I didn't mean it, but because I should have
expected that it would cause people to wonder why I wrote it.

Anyways, since you ask, here is why I wrote it.

Okrand can create as many new words as he likes. There is no limit.
However, often he chooses to take a word, and start expanding its
meaning. Then he expands it even more. And then some more.

So, often, I need to make coffee and start reading an entire
paragraph, in order to understand all the various ways, in which a
specific word could be used.

And I often wonder.. Why do I need to go through this, trying to find
all the ways the meaning of a word has been expended, while we could
have a new word instead and be done with it ?

Now, this is just my personal opinion, I realize that many may
disagree, and that's ok. I respect everyone's opinion, and qeylIS
knows I don't want to start arguing..

After all its mark's language, and of course it's his right to develop
it anyway he sees fit.

Let alone the fact, that no one forces anyone to learn it.

But as I say quite often, a fan has the right of having an opinion too.

~ cqcqcqq