[tlhIngan Hol] {net jalchugh} and the various "then"

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon Apr 29 07:46:56 PDT 2019

Am 29.04.2019 um 15:53 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> I get the impression, that the time is implied from the {ngugh} and
> {ghIq}. Isn't it so ?

Yes, it is. ngugh and ghIq explain a row of events.

You are on a long voyage until your arrive at the destination. Let's say
you arrive at 8 o'clock and it's on 8 o'clock when something happens,
then you'd use {ngugh}: on the exact time when you arrived. (I'm sure
two minutes later also counts)

The word {ghIq} shows that something happened afterwards, like a
seuence. Technically, you could use it multiple times in a phrase:
First I get up, THEN put on my shoes, THEN go outside, THEN have
breakfast, THEN walk to school, THEN ... etc.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"