[tlhIngan Hol] How "pure" is Ca'NoN ?

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Apr 2 03:47:06 PDT 2019

This has happened more than once in the movies, though Okrand consistently went back and altered the grammar and vocabulary to make the movie line make sense. This is the source of the three different plural suffixes, and why {-pu’} is both a noun and verb suffix. It’s also why we have aspect and not tense, and why you can’t use Type 7 on the second verb in SAO.

The entire Klingon scene in the beginning of ST1 was done before Okrand was hired, but he went back and invented Clipped Klingon so that both the grammar and vocabulary there were acceptable.

There were extra words inserted into valQrIs lines to keep her lips moving because her lines were shot in English and later dubbed in as Klingon, so her Klingon doesn’t exactly match the subtitles, though it’s close enough.

This is part of the brilliance we admire in Okrand. He has worked really hard to make Klingon work, despite the movie-making process, which mungs things up.

charghwI’
Sent from my iPad