[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "painted with his blood"

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Apr 24 08:47:03 PDT 2019

Am 24.04.2019 um 17:17 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> Would the following be correct ?
>
> {jagh Duj Daq cha'meH la', yav DIjta'; DIjmeH 'IwDaj lo'ta'}

This is corect, although you should check if the usage of {-ta'} is
necessary here. If you are using it as a past tense, then it's not needed.

The expression of "doing X with Y" has been translated very often with
{lo'}, so that's a good way to go.

Quite ironic to mention this now with the parallel discussion of "canon"
and DSC, I'd like to point to the abdication treaty that L'Rell had to
sign in DSC ep. 2.03. It also used the phrase {qI'meH 'Iw lo'lu'}.

Of course, we all agree that this is not canon, but it's a good example
based on Okrand's usage. :-)

See the entire text and a screenshot here:
www.klingonwiki.net/En/DSC203

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"