[tlhIngan Hol] Clarification on SIch

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Apr 22 06:40:12 PDT 2019

On 4/22/2019 9:33 AM, Lieven L. Litaer wrote:
> Am 22.04.2019 um 15:09 schrieb SuStel:
>> There is, as you say, a /difference/ between Okrandian canon and Star
>> Trek canon. If *poH qut* appears on a Star Trek show but wasn't written
>> or approved by Okrand, it is Star Trek canon, not Okrandian canon.
>
> In addition to this, writers on Memory Alpha do not accept Okrandian
> canon as Star Trek canon. If the script would reveal a spelling like
> "po-koot" or so, then /that/ would be the Star Trek canon.
>
> It seems silly from our point of view, but their policy is very strict
> on this. (and I have had many and long discussions with them)

I don't think it's silly at all. Their interest is in Star Trek canon,
and rightly so. Fans interested in Star Trek canon have no more reason
to accept something Okrand says in a Facebook message to me as Star Trek
canon than I do in accepting a line some writer has put in the mouth of
a Klingon as Okrandian canon.