[tlhIngan Hol] nughIjchugh vay' matuHnIS'a'?

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Fri Apr 12 06:01:20 PDT 2019

Am 12.04.2019 um 14:41 schrieb De'vID:
> not qoHpu''e' neH ghIjlu'.
>
> The existence of this adage makes me fairly confident that there is no
> such taboo.

Yes, indeed. Besides, there is a difference between "being scared of
something" and "being afraid to do something".

For instance, a Klingon may say {mughIj Ha'DIbaHvam} to mention that
this animal makes im feel uncomfortable for some reason, but he may be
very brave and touch it anway, so he's not {touching-vIp}.

A phrase from paq'batlh somehow shows the difference:

jIDoghqu'
vIghIjlu'mo' 'ej bortaS vIneHmo'
jIleghlaHbe' 'ach chovuvtaH

"What a fool I have been, blinded by fear and spite, and still you find
me worthy."

(PB, paq'raD, 2. qeHHa' loDnI')
--
Lieven L. Litaer