[tlhIngan Hol] Duran lung DIr

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Apr 4 07:36:48 PDT 2019

Am 04.04.2019 um 16:21 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> According to kcd, {Duran lung DIr} is a food item and it never takes any
> plural suffix.
>
> Is this a general rule with regards to all food ? i.e. that when
> something is used as food doesn't take plural suffixes ?

Certainly not a general rule.

This is just a feeling, but I think it's just like those non-countable
things like "water". And I can certainly imagine a cook going to the the
butcher's and order a specific number of {Duran lung DIrDu'} so he can
prepare a good dish of {Duran lung DIr}.

Isn't it in English as well that people eat "liver" (instead of
'livers'), no matter how many they have on their plate?

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"