[tlhIngan Hol] Clarification on SIch

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Apr 23 22:48:05 PDT 2019

Am 24.04.2019 um 03:58 schrieb Daniel Dadap:
> Was that for Klingon, or for Vulcan? Okrand has told the story many times about how his involvement worn Star Trek started with providing lip-match Vulcan dialog for Star Trek II, and that he heard about the need for a linguist to do that through a friend of his who was involved in the production,

That friend was ST:III producer Harve Bennett.

And it's true: Okrand was actually a quick replacement for the initial
translator, who jumped off very shortly before the production. But
Okrand does not remember his name, he told me, and would wish to know if
anyone could tell.

But at this point, I'm not sure anymore if the initial contact was for
Vulcan or for Klingon. I'm sure he talks about it on some interview on
youtube, I need to check that again.

And this story needs to be archived in the Wiki!

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"