[tlhIngan Hol] New words from "Miniatur Wunderland"

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Mon Apr 1 14:24:41 PDT 2019

Last year at Oshkosh, I saw a miniature replica of a B-17 bomber. Meanwhile, it was 1/3 scale and it flew. Not as a remotely controlled model. A guy sat in it and flew it. The original had a crew of 9 or 10. This one had a crew of one.

The real aircraft is “double decker”, meaning that the pilots sit at one level and the bombardier sits forward and lower than the pilot and copilot, but in the 1/3 version, the pilot sits at the bottom of the fuselage and his head is up where the cockpit would be. The four radial engines are for large RC models.

It took 16 years to build, and the builder/owner doesn’t have a multi-engine rating and is too old and not in good enough shape to pass the physical to get that rating, so the copilot for the “Miracle on the Hudson” flew it for him.

Anyway, it’s a replica, but it’s not tiny, and since he didn’t have his own B-17 to go by, he designed it by scaling UP a much smaller plastic model, so it’s really an oversized replica of a miniature replica…

… making it really hard to figure out what to call it in Klingon, even with this new vocabulary…

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.