[tlhIngan Hol] parent allegedly teaching only Klingon to a child

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Sep 25 09:10:40 PDT 2018

Am 25.09.2018 um 17:55 schrieb Rike Hermanni:
> A few years ago there was a guy who out of fun spoke Klingon with his
> son. They seemingly played games in Klingon and stuff like that, but
> when the kid stopped to be interested (around age 3/4), he stopped doing
> so.

"a few" years ago? This sounds very familiar to the story of D'Armond
Speers, but that has already happened many many years ago.

There are many articles about this, here's a random one:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/19/darmond-speers-dad-spoke_n_363477.html

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2012/08/a-man-once-tried-to-raise-his-son-as-a-native-speaker-in-klingon/

What I always kept wondering lately is that the project was stopped due
to too many missing words. But today, the amount of words has increased,
so one could maybe try this again?

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"