[tlhIngan Hol] Relevance of language ability to third person singular pronouns

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sat Sep 8 18:10:42 PDT 2018

On 9/8/2018 8:21 PM, De'vID wrote:
> His notes which didn't make it into the movie aren't *necessarily*
> canon, since he could've changes his mind during filming. (We've
> treated those ones which have appeared in HolQeD as canon, but I think
> only because HolQeD counts independently as a source of canon.)

HolQeD is not a canonical source. Okrand's writings in HolQeD are
canonical, as they are anywhere else they appear. Stuff that, say,
Krankor wrote in HolQeD is not canon.

I consider notes that Okrand didn't publish himself to be noteworthy, if
not completely canonical. They can show his thinking, but one of the
reasons he didn't publish them could be, generally, that they weren't
good enough for publishing. Without a statement making them canon, I
consider them useful, but not absolute.