[tlhIngan Hol] Words from The Little Prince

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sat Sep 1 05:50:32 PDT 2018

Am 01.09.2018 um 11:34 schrieb Felix Malmenbeck:
> Well, Terran country names seem to stand on their own, and based on the
> gloss I would expect the same here, but I suspect that it may depend on
> the speaker's familiarity with the place, or the listener's anticipated
> familiarity.

Yes, that's true. It's like we talk about the "Krotmag region" and so on
we do so to clarify that it's a region for those who don't know that.

A terran without sufficient education would not know what "Sahara" means
either, so a geography teacher would also say "This is the desert called
Sahara".

(as a sidenote, Sahara is arabic for desert, but that's now going too
far :-) )

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"