[tlhIngan Hol] Difference between..

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Nov 27 06:18:11 PST 2018

Am 27.11.2018 um 14:11 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> Can someone explain the difference between {nIteb jIH} and {jImob} ?

{nIteb} describes the situation of an action, the other is an adjective.
You could even say {nIteb jImob}. "I am (the only one who is) alone".

Of course, both words cover the same idea. Examples show the difference:

{nIteb jISop} "I eat all alone." (my friends might join later)

{jImob} "I am lonely" (I have no friends. This life sucks.)

Disclaimer: This might possibly not be 100% correct, but it may help you
understand the difference.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"