[tlhIngan Hol] vIta'pu'be' vs vIta'be'pu'

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 00:29:08 PST 2018

loghaD:

> qaStaHvIS DIS vorgh, jIroppu'be'. - "Last year, I wasn't ever sick."

The way I understand this, is "last year I was sick, but this event (my
being sick) hasn't been completed"

loghaD:

> qaStaHvIS DIS vorgh, jIropbe'pu'. - "Last year, I wasn't always sick."

Here I read, "last year I wasn't sick, and this (my not being sick) is
completed"

I'm not sure what "my-being-sick-not-having-being-completed" means, or what
"my-not-being-sick-being-completed" actually is; but this is all I
understand from the above sentences.

However, I do understand the same meaning you understand as well, from your
{-ta'} examples.

So, perhaps this has to do with how the reader translates the {-pu'} in his
mind.

~ nI'ghma