[tlhIngan Hol] prefix tables

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Mar 13 06:22:53 PDT 2018

On 3/13/2018 9:04 AM, André Müller wrote:
> Yes, MO has used {qabpaq} before for 'Facebook'. It might have been
> tongue-in-cheek, and used like a kind of nickname for the website, but
> he used it alright.
>
> - André

> <mailto:mihkoun at gmail.com>>:
>

>     other than that, I want to say that {qabpaq} is ca'non for
>     facebook. I am not making words up.

A name doesn't have to be translated canonically to be translated.
Sometimes a translation is appropriate; sometimes it is better to keep
it in the original language.

For a fascinating example of this, see J.R.R. Tolkien's own instructions
to translators on how to translate the names in /The Lord of the Rings:/
A Guide to the Names in /The Lord of the Rings/
<http://tolkien.ro/text/JRR%20Tolkien%20-%20Guide%20to%20the%20Names%20in%20The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings.pdf>/./