[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tey

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 08:12:29 PDT 2018

Here's the original quote:

3) For the sense of being close (or not close) or having (or not having)
> wiggle room or leeway (e.g. a comfortable distance away [from something] or
> a comfortable victory), use *tey* (*"scrape"*) or *teybe'*. (*teybe' yay* *"the
> victory didn't scrape"* or *"the victory was comfortable."* If you were
> victorious, but just barely or made it at the last minute or something like
> that, you could say *tey yay*.)

https://www.kli.org/activities/qepmey/qepa-chamah-losdich/qepa-chamah-losdich-new-words/

He translates this usage of *tey *as *"scrape"* twice, which suggests to me
that this is intended as just an idiomatic usage of *tey* and not a new
homonym.