[tlhIngan Hol] 'otlhQeD

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon Jun 25 04:46:03 PDT 2018

ghItlh SuStel:
>     My personal dictionary has, for some reason, two entries for
>     *'otlhQeD.* One glosses it as /quantum mechanics, quantum theory/
>     and gives its origin as qepHom 2014, the other glosses it as
>     /quantum physics/ and gives its origin as qepHom 2015. Can someone
>     tell me whether I've got this right?

Yes, that's right:
The word {'otlhQeD} was mentioned by Okrand in an interview of 2014
(printed in the qepHom 2014 book) as "quantum theory / quantum
mechanics" and then it appeared in a word list in 2015 as "quantum physics".

>     word *'otlhQeD* in a message by De'vID on November 16, 2014, wherein
>     he gives the /quantum mechanics, quantum theory/ meaning.

That was few days after the qepHom 2014.

ja' De'vID:
> (Also: What? No one made the obvious joke about superposition?)

Huh? I don't get it.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"