[tlhIngan Hol] New words from qep'a' cha'maH vaghDIch

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 12:30:46 PDT 2018

Most of the meanings of {'ach} express some kind of contrast, but Klingon
collapses all the various nuances of the English words ("but", "however",
"nevertheless", "whereas", etc.) into one word.

"I speak English, but he speaks Klingon" isn't significantly different from
"I speak English, whereas he speaks Klingon." In most cases it probably
won't be necessary to worry too much about what specific word will
eventually be used to translate {'ach}.