[tlhIngan Hol] Some more from Maltz

Michael Roney, Jr. nahqun at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 13:34:45 PST 2018

Okay, so, I'm missing how this different from a religious prophet.
I'd assume that, with context, one could refer to both Moses and a fortune teller.
Or is there a connotation or denotation that specifically prohibits this word from being used to refer to a religious figure?

~Michael Roney, Jr. Sent from my Palm Prē
-------- Original message --------From: Lieven <levinius at gmx.de> Date: 1/1/18  16:28  (GMT-05:00) To: tlhingan-hol at kli.org Subject: [tlhIngan Hol] Some more from Maltz
Here is some information from Maltz that I can forward with NO SPOILERS
concerning the coming episodes of ST:Discovery:

Okrand suggested a way to say "polite" in Klingon, using {DochHa'}. For
the glossary, he added:
-------------------------
"be polite" is okay. Also "be civil, courteous." Very un-Klingon!
-------------------------

Next, we talked about a "prophet". Not the religious person like Jesus
or Mohammed, but more some kind of a person who seems to be able to see
or know things that others can't.

Okrand forwarded this from Maltz:

This is a {tuch rItwI'} (or, if the context is clear, {rItwI'} for
short).  {tuch rIt} means "to prophesize, see the future, know the
future."  For Klingons, the "prophet" is able to "summon" the future
somehow.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"