[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "all of us"

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 04:12:15 PST 2018

loghaD:
> «maH Hoch» = all/each of us, without exception (useful for
> describing unanimous vs. collective decisions and the like)

I was under the impression that using {Hoch} directly after a plural noun,
meant "all of the.." , being able to convey only a plural meaning.

For example {chabmey Hoch} "all of the pies"; {chabmey Hoch DISopta'} "we
ate all of the pies".

On the other hand, placing Hoch after a singular noun, means "all of
the..", expressing a singular meaning. {chab Hoch wISopta'} "we ate all of
the pie".

The "each" meaning, is expressed only if we place the {Hoch} in front of a
singular noun. {Hoch chab wISopta'} "we ate each pie".

So, I can't understand how writing {maH Hoch} could mean "each of us".

~ nI'ghma